Barings Law Logo

You're being transferred to one of our partners, Barings Law

Select Page


Car, Home and Travel Claims

With Claims Bible, you can get access to all the information you need to make sure your car and property claims are taken care of as quickly and painlessly as possible. Whether you’re looking for information on claims for diesel emissions or claims regarding an unaffordable car loan, we’ve got all the tools and resources to make sure your claims are dealt with quickly and fairly.

Home E Car, Home & Travel

Overview of car, home and travel claims

At Claims Bible, we have a wealth of experience in dealing with car and property claims. When you make a claim, our experts will guide you through the whole process from start to finish.

Our car claims include PCP finance (mis-sold) and diesel emission claims, but we can also help with unaffordable car loan claims, including:

  • Moneybarn Claims
  • Advantage Finance Claims
  • Blue Motor Finance Claims
  • First Response Finance Claims
  • MotoNovo Finance Claims
  • Go Car Credit Finance Claims
  • Specialist Motor Finance Claims

We specialise in property claims too and can help with disrepair claims, including housing disrepair claims from your local council or private landlord. If your landlord has not kept up their end of the bargain, our team can help you claim back the costs of repairs.

If you’re having issues with Japanese Knotweed growing in your home or if it’s causing disrepair that’s being neglected by your landlord, we also offer Japanese Knotweed claims.

The criteria needed to qualify for a car or property claim

Car and property claims can be complicated, but we’re here to make sure you understand the criteria needed to qualify for the claim.

The specific criteria will depend on the type of claim you’re making. Diesel emission claims require you to be the registered keeper, have proof of ownership and have a certain vehicle make. Car loan claims, meanwhile, depend on lots of different criteria, with the main one being that you felt like you were mis-sold the loan or weren’t given full clarity regarding the terms and conditions of it.

For housing disrepair claims, you need to have rented a council house or housing association property or be in privately rented accommodation which has not been safely maintained by the landlord. You’ll also need evidence that there’s something wrong with your home; for example, if there are cracks in the walls or ceiling, or if there is mould growing on your kitchen cupboards. For Japanese knotweed claims, you’ll need to provide proof that it’s present in your house or around it and that it was caused by negligence by your landlord.

Did you know?

The most common reasons for property claims are damage from wind or hail

What is the legal argument for the claim?

The legal arguments for car and property claims do differ.

For example, diesel emission claims can be untested, meaning success is not guaranteed. The legal argument is based on the financial loss each claimant suffered as a result of the manufacturer’s alleged wrongdoing.

In terms of property claims or housing disrepair claims, landlords and tenants have to follow the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, which sets out their rights and obligations. Section 11 of this act covers the landlord’s obligations to disrepair, which involves keeping and repairing the proper working order of the house.

Key Facts

Social housing disrepair claims have increased by 132% in just 4 years

What evidence do you need to support a claim?

To make a claim, you will need to provide evidence. The type of evidence varies depending on the claim you are making. For example, if you are making a car or property claim, you may be required to provide evidence such as proof of ownership and documentation. For property claims, you may also need evidence that your landlord has been negligent towards the property.

Did you know?

There are over 500,000 vehicles that were affected by the diesel emission scandal in the UK alone.

A guide to compensation amounts

So, how much compensation could you be entitled to? Compensation amounts for car or property claims can vary massively depending on your circumstances, so it’s always best to seek a consultation to see how much you could get.

If you have suffered damage to your home due to the negligence of another party, such as your landlord, or you’ve had issues with a car or car loan, it’s important that you take action as soon as possible to ensure that your case is given the best possible chance of success.

Key Facts

Figures released in 2023 reveal car finance rates fell by 3% in January 2023.

How long do claims typically take?

Claim times can vary depending on the specific situation and the response from the negligent party. We do our best to process your claim as quickly as possible, and we’ll always keep you updated about how things are going.

Common questions

Do you operate a no-win, no-fee policy?

Yes. We operate a no-win, no-fee policy. This means that if you choose to work with us, we will not charge you any fees unless we can recover compensation on your behalf.

How long do claims take?

It’s difficult to predict how long a claim will take. It depends on the nature of the claim, whether there are any third parties involved and the kind of evidence you have to help support your case.

For more common questions, please refer to the specific claim pages or read our general FAQs page.

Choose claim

Choose from the different claims below. You can either visit the page to read more about the claim or submit your claim straight away.

Car Loan Claims

Claim compensation for a car loan you could not repay because adequate affordability checks were not made.

PCP Finance Claims

Claim compensation for mis-sold car finance contracts that contained undisclosed dealer commission that was linked to your interest rate.

Diesel Claims

Claim compensation from car manufacturers for being deceived into thinking your diesel car was cleaner than it actually was.

Housing Claims

Claim compensation if you are living in an unsafe property due to damp, pests or structural issues that your landlord has not fixed.

Knotweed Claims

If your home has been invaded by Japanese Knotweed that has caused damage you may be able to claim compensation.

Energy Claims

If your business has been mis-sold a business energy contract that contained hidden commission, you could be owed thousands.

Flight Delay Claims

If your flight has been delayed you can claim back compensation from the airline.